Sunday, March 22, 2009

Getting It Together

Okay. I really feel like I might do it this time. I am going to pay a friend whom I trust to see my personal clutter and state of (un)cleanliness in my house. She is going to keep me on track and give me homework assignments to declutter and organize my house. This is not going to happen overnight, but I feel good about it. I really, when it comes right down to it, need help. I have so much stuff - mostly papers and containers and things I think I might be able to use down the road - that I am completely overwhelmed at the task at hand. I then lose focus and start the downward spiral that leaves me feeling bad about myself.

I have started a part time job, and have an interview for another part-time job on Friday. If I am going to start putting in work hours, I need to have this house in better shape. I want to be able to come home to a place of peace - not despair. I also know that when I can make "homes" for things that currently do not have homes (e.g., kids' art and papers/posters, toys; keepsakes; clothes; things I think need to file) it will be much easier to teach the kids how to pick up after themselves, as well as to maintain some sense of order around here.

I'm ready to have something funny to write about in here. I seem so serious lately. Maybe I'll come up with something like that soon.

1 comment:

sarah said...

maybe you'll find something funny underneath the clutter!