I've been tagged by Marie. To learn more about Marie, go to Sarah's blog where she has a link to Marie's blog. I read what Sarah wrote after Marie tagged her, and I like the concept. My only problem is I only know Sarah and Marie who blog and they have already been tagged. So I guess I won't be able to tag anyone else at this time, but I'll play along by following the first of three blog-tag rules. The rules are: 1) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 2) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 3) Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 Weird/Random Facts about Helen:
1. I am a speech pathologist with a word-finding problem, yet rarely at a loss for words.
2. I have, according to my sister who read a book on palm-reading, a "murderer's thumb" on my left hand.
3. I am left-handed for detailed work and right-handed for power work (having a murderer's thumb really helps with those details!).
4. I finally made the middle school cheerleading squad after trying out three times, and even then I got on as a substitute, or back-up cheerleader (I think there is a better-sounding label for what I was, but as I mentioned I have this word-finding, oh yes: alternate.)
5. I like cucumbers but really dislike pickles.
6. I have trouble understanding the lyrics of songs on the radio. (I thought the words "...the heat of the moment" in a song I heard in elementary school were actually "Lead on the Mormons" - really, ask Sarah.)
7. People tell me I'm funny and it always surprises me (I think most of my sense of humor lies between parentheses marks, actually).
8. A bonus fact: I love doing this sort of thing (basically I like to talk about myself, or anything I can get anyone to listen to - I love an audience :)