Saturday, October 4, 2008

Update to today's post

FYI, there is currently a load of laundry containing only J's clothes that is being washed in the washer. He came to the basement to show me something while I was working on the laundry. I asked, "Are you sure you don't want to do laundry now? I haven't started the next load." -"no thank you." "You are collecting a pile of dirty clothes down here (pointing to his pile)." "Are they clean or dirty?" "Dirty. Do you want to wash them now?" "No." (However at this point he picked up his pile of clothes and put them in the empty washer.) Once he had loaded his clothes, I talked him through the next steps. He did it all with no complaining. Maintained a happy attitude. Next I talked him through the steps for starting the dryer (even though the wet clothes were not his) and he did. Hopefully the follow-through will go just as smoothly to get his clean clothes put away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did it!

M.