Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another Opportunity to Consider

I got a call this afternoon from Supplemental Health Care, which is the agency that employed me for my contract home health speech therapy position last summer.  They have some very interesting employment opportunities, most of which I have turned down recently.  The one they offered to me today is at a prison in Hoffman, NC.  It's about an hour and a half away from my house.  I wouldn't even consider this position if it were every day.  But they only need 8 hours a week.  And there could be opportunity to transfer to the Speech Therapy Services at Central Prison in Raleigh down the road.  I don't know all the details yet, but I do find this intriguing.  Perhaps an opportunity for ministry lies herein.  Of course I've also got my new part time job at Footlights, a "Destination Store for Dancers" which is owned by a friend of mine from church.  I'm helping with her bookkeeping just a little bit.  And there are family obligations to consider.  I don't know, but it feels good to be asked.  I'll have to make a fairly quick decision on this one, I think, because there is an orientation next Tuesday I would need to attend.  Just when I think things are settling in to a nice pattern, something like this comes up to switch things up a bit.  My life is never boring.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm grateful that you take the time to share your thoughts and your world with the rest of us. Maybe I should at least say hello in my response to let you know I read it. :-) I always look forward to your writings as well as the rest of your family's. Sometimes I read them over and over because it helps keep me emotionally close to all of you even though geographically we are some distance apart.

Helen said...

Thanks, Lynn!