Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spanish

I'm trying to learn Spanish.  It is a good time for me to do it, as I have ample opportunities to practice in this area.  I feel a strong desire to learn it.  I believe there are friendships I am missing out on, as well as opportunities to help and be helped by others who don't speak English.

I mentioned this to one of my priests a few months ago, and lo and behold, it turned out that a fellow parishioner has just retired as a Spanish teacher and has offered to teach a group of us at church.  We're learning basic conversational Spanish, and I hope to expand on that as much as possible.  I dream of being fluent.

(Just a minute while I check to see if MC is sleeping.  It's eerily quiet right now.)

Okay, we need to shift gears, because I am eliciting MC's help to keep her awake.  We're going to write a story together now.  I'll get back to my Spanish blog later.

No comments: