Thursday, May 8, 2008

Letting Him Change His Mind

Well, J is back in choir. He approached me a few days ago, hoping I wouldn't be mad, and saying he really wanted to come back to choir. How could I say no? James asked him what made him change his mind, and you know what he said? "I just want Mommy to be happy." I told him I wanted him to be happy too, and I hoped he was coming back not just for me. He lost an opportunity for a solo part during his absence, but he handled that very well, and at last night's rehearsal participated 100%. I'm proud of him, and hope he will be able to handle singing in front of the congregation on May 18th. At least after that we're done for the summer.

This afternoon I get to go to J's school for a special treat. Since we won't be there tomorrow for the Mother's Day Breakfast (we're travelling out of state for a wedding), J gets to make his presentation about me to the class today. My mom will keep MC for me so that I can have this special time with just my son. I'm looking forward to it, and I purposely am not wearing mascara. My eyes might just leak a bit.

No comments: